Hawkers Market returns with a food and music festival experience unlike any other in Vancouver, November 17th from 4pm to Midnight.
Hawkers Market offers an evening of curated food and music, highlighting a select group of Canada’s best West Coast Indie food producers.
Enjoy an evening filled with tapas-style offerings from top local chefs, craft libations by local producers, an exclusive talk by Chef Francisco Migoya of Modernist Cuisine, music by Stones Throw Records, and interactive art installations.
Choose a ticket that fits your appetite, and enjoy the food, the music, and the conversation. Wanna buy your food and drinks at the event? We got you covered too!
4 TICKET OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
- Admission to Hawkers! FREE with RSVP (Suject to capacity) Skip lines by buying a ticket! Perfect for those who would like to buy food and drinks at Hawkers.
- $25 admission plus 2 drinks on your Hawkers RFID wristband (Its pays for itself!) Guaranteed & expedited entry is available on this ticket!
- $65 ticket: includes entry 5 Eats and 2 drinks! tasting experiences (2 tapas-style eats)). Loaded on your Hawkers RFID Wristband. Guaranteed & expedited entry is available on this ticket!
- *VIP* $125 ticket: includes entry and 8 Eats and 4 drinks tasting experiences (8 tapas-style eats). Loaded on your Hawkers RFID Wristband. Guaranteed & expedited entry is available on this ticket!
Still Hungry? Buying Food and Drinks at Hawkers via Credit Card and Debit Cards:
Addtional food and drink purchases are availible at Hawkers via credit card.
- Drinks from all Breweries, Distilleries, Cideries and our Winery are all $5.00
- RSVP’ed and need to buy a wristband? $30 gets you an RFID wristband loaded with 4 food experiences at Hawkers from any vendor of your choice, including desserts.
- Purchased a wristband and hungry for more? Top up your wristband at Hawkers**.
*Hawkers is a cashless event, we accept credit and debit cards or online pre purchase.
Please note, all RFID wristband sales and credit top-ups are a final purchase. Unused credits will not be refunded.
THE EVENING UNFOLDS:
- 4PM: Doors Open
- 5PM: Join guest speaker Chef Francisco Migoya, for a talk and Q&A about The Future of Food & Everything You Want To Know About Bread!
- 6PM – 8PM: The Dinner Rush with Stones Throw Records with DJ sets by Novena Carmel at 6pm and Chrome Canyon at 7pm
- 8PM – Close: Late night eats with Stones Throw Records with DJ sets from Peanut Butter Wolf from 8-10pm and J Rocc from 10pm until Midnight!
Identify your planned arrival time during the ticket purchase process.
PARTICIPATING CHEFS AND ESTABLISHMENTS:
Each chef will be serving one or more tapas-style tasting plates and bowls for guests to enjoy. Choose from experiences including:
Chef Alex Chen of Boulevard, Chef Justin Cheung of Lontail, Chef Geoff Rogers of Street Meat LA & Savoury Chef*, The Paella Guys*, Bad Hombres, Tempea x Oyster & King*, Petes Meat, Andina Ceviche, Tayybeh Syrian, FED FED FED*, and more.
*Denotes plant based options available.
*Denotes Gluten Free
*Denotes plant based.
LOCAL RESOURCES & FARMS:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHEN IS HAWKERS?
Hawkers takes place Saturday November 17th, 2018 at Rocky Mountaineer Station
WHERE IS HAWKERS?
Rocky Mountaineer Station
1755 Cottrell Street, Vancouver BC
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Rocky Mountaineer Station is easy to get to from many parts of the city. Please walk, take pubic transportation, or use a taxi where possible.
IS THERE PARKING?
Parking at the event will be limited to street parking. Please walk, take pubic transportation, or use a taxi where possible. Please do not drink and drive.
WHEN SHOULD I COME?
Depends on what you like to enjoy!
Guests typically visit for approximately two hours.
4PM – Come if you’d like to have a low key experience and interact with Chef Francisco Migoya.
6PM – Come if you want to be at Hawkers for the dinner rush
8PM – Come for late night eats and the tunes of Peanut Butter Wolf and J Rocc.
DO I HAVE TO BRING MY PRINTED TICKET TO THE EVENT?
Nope, you can show your ticket on your phone!
HOW DO I GET MY TASTINGS?
Each ticket includes an RFID wristband, loaded with a number of tastings. Swipe your wristband at your chosen station to receive your tapa style dish.
CAN I GET MORE TASTINGS?
Yes! You can reload your wristband on site, for additional tapas-style dishes and beverages.
BAGS AND COATS
This is November in Vancouver, it will likely rain. There will not be a coat check on site, and a portion of the event will be taking place in an outdoor tented space. Please dress appropriately. Please do not bring large bags.
CAN I BRING FOOD AND ALCOHOL?
Sorry, Outside food and beverage are not permitted.
ARE IN AND OUTS PERMITTED?
Re-entry is permitted, but not guaranteed. Re-entry will be dependent on capacity.
ARE MINORS PERMITTED?
Hawkers is a 19+ event.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Hawkers promotes a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone involved. Harassment and abuse of any kind whether verbal or physical may result in immediate ejection from the event without refund.
DOES HAWKERS OFFER REFUNDS?
Hawkers does not provide refunds on ticket purchases.
WHAT IF I HAVE UNUSED FOOD/BEVERAGE CREDITS? CAN I GET A REFUND?
All RFID wristband sales and credit top-ups are a final purchase. Unused credits will not be refunded. Thanks for eating with us!
CAN I CONTACT THE ORGANIZER WITH ANY QUESTIONS?
For sure, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All tickets must be purchased on site. Ticket sales will not be available at the door. No refunds for tickets at any time.
Hawkers makes no guarantee any specific tasting or beverage will be available at any time. Participating chefs and establishments may change. Some items may sell out faster than others. In and out privileges are allowed, however are dependent upon venue capacity.
Plan ahead, drink responsibly and arrange a safe ride home. Please DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
19+ only – no minors allowed. Photo ID required for entry. Serving it Right Rules apply. Intoxicated persons will not be allowed entry to the event. We reserve the right to have security remove unruly or intoxicated persons from the event at our discretion.
Hawkers promotes a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone involved. Harassment & abuse of any kind whether verbal or physical may result in immediate ejection from the event without refund. Smoking is not permitted.